Monday 1 February 2010

Dulong Grand Vin de Bordeaux 2006

This French wine is great smooth red, pretty dry and with a soft floral hint. I liked its soft taste and wonderful fruity touches. I have given this bottle as a present to my sister and I only tasted a small glass, but I have to say I was charmed.

The Dulong winery is a family business which run for 5 generations. It is from the famous Bordeaux region in France, whcih produces the following varieties: Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot and Malbek. The colourful combination of all these varieties makes the wines from this region very deep and tasteful. As the winemakers there say, each Bordeaux wine has its own personality. More information on Bordeaux wines you can find here.

The Bordeaux wines with Merlot go very well with spicy Asian or Oriental cuisine, because the smoothness of the wines balances the fire of the spice.

A recommendation for a lovely dinner.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment