Sunday 30 May 2010

Bonterra Zinfandel 2004

We had this wonderful Californian Zinfandel on my graduation day and it did make my evening very special. The taste was intense and unique. A wonderful combination of dried blueberries, plums and spices. Its grapes are 86% Zinfandel, 11% Petite Syrah and 3% Syrah. The combination is refined and very elegant.

The Zinfandel grape variety is typically grown in Italy. I have already blogged and liked very much an Italian Zinfandel, but honestly, I cannot tell which one is better. The American one has this strong aroma and certain style that is different and better in a way than the Italian. Furthermore, this Zinfandel is said to be organic, and I am much fond of organic foods.

If you have time you should check out the website of Bonterra Winery here. It contents a very colourful and unique way of presenting the wines. Good job!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment