Friday 14 January 2011

Beaujolais Nouveau 2010

I picked up this wine from the shelf of a local supermarket when going to visit my sister in her new apartment. It was recommended to my be a close friend who insisted to buy this "outstanding young french wine" and I was tempted. And yes, a few hours later, bottle empty, I could hardly focus on my driving, because the wine has got my head spinning from just a half glass. There is something about the young wine which is fascinating on its own.

Beaujolais Nouveau 2010 is very well-structured, lightweight and drinkable. The nose is of wild berries and pears. The colour is purple-pink.

The young Beaujolais Nouveau 2010 also has some interesting history behind it (there is even a page in Wikipedia about it, click here). It is made from the Gamay Noir a Jus Blanc grape (or simply Gamay) and is produced exclusively in the Beaujolais region of France. Every year, it is released on the third Thursday of November and is intended for immediate drinking (in general, it should not be kept for more than a year). By law in France, all grapes must be harvested by hand! It may sound just like a good marketing strategy, but it is worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I could hardly concentrate on my driving, due to the fact the wine has obtained my mind spinning from merely a half glass.
    I have played the online games especially the wow for a long time and I have some good suggestions for everyone to get the bestSell WOW Gold via more easy and safe ways, I also have the best advice for you of the Cheap WOW Gold, please don't hesitate !

    ReplyDelete